Safeware Accidental Damage Warranty - CAV Program Computers
The CAV Program offers Safeware Accidental Damage Protection on all CAV Apple computers, PCs not covered by a manufacturer’s accidental damage policy and CAV program tablets (iPad, Galaxy, Nexxus, etc).
A Safeware policy will protect your equipment for the entire duration of the policy, even if you have a claim. The limit of liability is the cost of the unit at the time of purchase (See example below).Official Safeware Program Details
What is covered
- 100% Parts and Labor for 2 or 4 years
- Accidental Damage coverage for drops, spills, submersion, and cracked screens
- Mechanical and electrical failure
- Power surges that result in damage to the device
- No Lemon Guarantee (provides a replacement device in the event that 3 hardwarefailures occur for the same issue)
- No deductible
- Fully transferable
- Limit of liability is the cost of unit at time of purchase
- Warranty begins on date of purchase
How do I get a repair On-Grounds?
- The customer brings their malfunctioning/damaged unit to the Cavalier Computers Service Center.
- Once the repair is completed, the Service Center notifies the customer for pick-up.
- Safeware is billed for 100% parts & labor. Payment is remitted to the Service Center, and the claim is closed.
What happens if a customer needs to have their computer repaired while they are not at UVA?
(e.g. summer breaks, fall breaks, or holidays)
You should call Safeware and their agents will process the service request. Safeware will either find a local service facility for you or they will send a box for you to ship your broken computer to one of their service center depots. Call 1-800-800-1492 to process a claim.
What do you mean by limit of liability?
Your CAV program computer or tablet covered by a Safeware Accidental Damage Protection Plan will be covered up to the purchase price of your unit.
You purchase the CAV MacBook Pro 15 inch 2.70GHz with 4-Year Safeware Accidental Damage Warranty. Your machine is now covered for $2999. You have a repair for a cracked screen costing $640.
|Original Purchase price:
|Screen Repair (estimate for example purposes only):
After your first repair, you still have $2,359.00 worth of coverage on your computer through the remaining four years of your warranty.